Success under value-based care depends on physician and finance leaders’ ability to manage their differences effectively with a clear understanding of why organizational tension can be a positive.
This article takes a deep dive into how physician-finance teams who work together with a full recognition of their differences are best able to control costs, improve clinical outcomes and deliver the greatest value for patients.
Key takeaways from the article include:
- How to troubleshoot common physician-finance dynamics
- How to manage differences around clinical improvement
- How to identify the best finance and clinical key performance metrics
- How to embrace innovation to move your healthcare organization forward
- The importance of partnering to build better teams and creating better value for patients
George Mayzell, MD
Steven Berger, FHFMA
Doug McKinley, PsyD